1993 Isuzu Rodeo Occassional Starting problem

I have been having a problem lately when I try to start the vehicle nothing happens when I turn the Key or just a single click. I try a couple of times then it starts just fine. Any Ideas is the starter going bad or maybe another component?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Reply to
Gary J Bevans

It's the starter

David

Reply to
David

Maybe... could also be the starter relay/solenoid...

have the starter tested, most auto parts shops will do this for free, just pull it, and take it to em.

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

My vote goes to checking the battery first. Then the starter.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

Could be the starter but also very likely is the starter relay. I do not know whats used in your Isuzu though. On my '93 Nissan truck the relay was in the fuse box under the hood where most larger fuses, relays etc are.

You may also look at the battery cables for corrosion. Even if the terminals look ok lift up the insulation of the cable a bit. See if there is corrosion between the wire strands. It often creeps all the way down under the insulation with very little visible.

Reply to
Miles