UK.Trooper..charging or not !

Just had to replace the 2 batteries ..£140.. trouble is...the voltmeter does`nt show the batteries are charging until the vehicle has been running for

5 or 6 mins..so on short runs they get insufficent charge...garage said the batteries ar shot.. I think the charging system is, so after the wife shouts for help from the local supermarket twice in 1 week...wham goes 2 nights on the ale. Anybody got any ideas how to tweek the charging system...? Got offered ..wait for it...£6,500 part ex.. `98 3Ltr 26,000mls cost £21,500 less than 5yrs back...it`s dropping faster than my old Jag and that`s done 125,000 mls...one new head gasket, one new chain tensioner, and loads of windscreen wiper blades.. Peter J..
Reply to
peter J

Yeah - but the last few new UK ones - LWB 3.0D Citation are selling for £21,600 now & that's the sticker price, so I'm not that surprised.

Cheers Andrew Kay

Reply to
Andrew Kay

Reply to
Ploggo

On a real money basis that is probably only £3000 you are getting at the most, or at least that is what it is costing the dealer to sit there. If he sells it on for £5500 then he will have made at least £2500 profit between the new and old vehicle.

Huw

Reply to
Huw