2000 Rodeo door lock problem

My wife's 2000 Rodeo has developed a problem with the key chain door locker... When it is pressed it gives 4 short beeps but doesn't lock the doors... Thought it was perhaps the battery but mine does the same... Anyone with a similar problem and a solution???

Thanks... Jack...

Reply to
Cannon Fodder

Oooops... The rear gate wasn't closed properly...

Still thanks...

Reply to
Cannon Fodder

Also can happen if you leave one of those jump-start batteries plugged in the lighter socket... beware in future!

Reply to
Peter

I have a Rodeo and every time mine would beep more than once is when one of the doors wasn't completely latched.

Reply to
Dave S