95 Isuzu Rodeo shimmys on light braking..

Just as the subject header says: if I brake normally, like in light traffic, the pedal vibrates and the steering wheel shimmys in sync with the pedal.. I replaced the front rotors about 6 months ago, and the problem went away for nearly a month. Then I replaced the brake shoes and again, the problem went away.. for about a month.. now.. the rotors are in good shape, and the brakes are too.. but it still does the pulsing brake thing.

But here's the deal.. in a HARD stop, it doesnt do it usually.. and if it does, then it's only noticeable at the steerin wheel and not the pedal.

I've pulled the brakes off and gave the rotors an inspection, but from what I've seen, they dont need turning, and the shoes are in good shape too..

Any ideas?

Chuck Burns

Reply to
Zex0s

Are you tightening the lugs to the proper torque? I had a '92 PU that did the same thing as your Rodeo. Usually I could eliminate the problem by using the proper lug torque.

David

Reply to
David

Well.. I believe I'm likely pretty close, I don't have a torque wrench, but I only use an impact wrench to REMOVE the lug nuts. I tighten them back up by hand..

Chuck Burns

Reply to
Zex0s