best tires for Trooper

what do you like for tires?

am looking to replace a complete set (currently Michelin) on a 12 year old Trooper and would like to hear options on possible tiresize changes or other than Michelin experiences

I do drive a lot in wet weather and hot (95+ degree days) conditions

anybody purchased from tirerack.com or similar places? any others?

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

I prefer michelin tires tirerack is ok but you may find better prices at sam's club where you prepay your order and they mount and balance the tires, normally 2 to 3 weeks from time of order

Reply to
Tom

I have had several Troopers (89,92,99) over the years. Here are some thoughts on tires I have used. I have used Michelin tires on my 92 Trooper and liked them better overall than anything else. My biggest complaint with the Michelins was they were expensive$$$ I had Yokohamas on and loved the traction wet, dry, and snow better than anything else I tried but I only got about 15k miles before they were significantly worn. I had Pirelli Scorpions that I was very happy with that were moderately priced. Also I have used Bridgestones but found the Pirelli's to be better for the money. Tires I liked the least on a Trooper wee the Goodyears that were original equipment. I would whole heartedly recommend TireRack. When i am in need of a good laugh I go in to a chain tire store and ask them for prices on tires that I know the price of from Tirerack. Even paying for shipping they always wind up cheaper, especially when buying SUV tires. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing