Check Engine Light

96 Rodeo 3.2L V6 92000 miles gets check engine light 2 or 3 times a week

OBD II reader says P1406 "Manufacturer Controlled Auxiliary Emissions Controls"

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Places to start looking? Has anyole else had this code on their cars?

Thanks ... Phil

Reply to
Phil

I have this same situation on a '96 Rodeo with 107K. I have had the Check Engine light come on three times. Computer Code shows a P1406 error. Anyone know what casuse this ?

Reply to
Jeff TX

"Jeff TX" scribbled some garbage about a problem in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com: and Dman answered with his usually drivel in the following manner!

I have had my check engine light on my 98 Rodeo come on at least 25-30 times over the 6 years since I purchased it, each time in the shop comes back with what they call "garbage codes????". I have learned to just let it go and a few minutes to days later the computer resets itself and no problems.

Reply to
DMan

I believe my 98 Trooper spat out P1404 code, something to do with EGR temperature sensor. Checked with previous owner who told me that dealership couldn't find anything wrong with either EGR or computer, but the Check Engine light would still come on periodically, then go out by itself. I'm disregarding it... also switching to higher-grade petrol seemed to have helped (CE comes on less frequently).

Peter

Reply to
Peter