signal light is buzzing

Hello, just recently when i use my right signal light it's been making this buzzing noise and the signal does not work, it doesn't do this all the time...but the majority it does, is there a fix for this, has anyone else heard of this issue? please let me know.

Thanks.

Reply to
get bent

milesh

yes i've checked the bulbs and they're all fine, can you tell me more about this relay issue? because i was thinking it might be something along that line, is there a fix or can i replace the relay? any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
get bent

found this out.....just thought i'd post for your interest.

thanks.

Your Turns signal switch is malfunctioning.

I just had the same thing happen on my 91 rodeo.

The culprit component is the turn signal switch located in the steering column.

The part is expensive. I located a good used one through an autowrecker and bought a steering wheel puller kit.

The whole job should take about an hour.

P.S. Don't forget to mark the steering wheel and the column before you take if off otherwise lining it up again is a little bit of a pain.

Reply to
get bent

Reply to
milesh

i agree, do you know what the procedure might be to get at the switch relay.....do i have to take off the steering wheel as noted?

thanks.

Reply to
get bent

I just fixed this on my '93 Rodeo a couple of months ago.

Pull the steering wheel so as to get to the switch, which is the plastic piece you see just under the wheel. be careful in the removal......that little ball will come shooting out (I know this from experience.....) so place your hand over the assembly when you remove it. Be mindful of where all the little springs are. The part you want is just on the back side with

3 little screws. use some emery cloth and shine up the contacts. This is all it took and mine works great now. Several people on the newsgroup have apparently had this same problem before.......

autowrecker

Reply to
mrbetelman

"mrbetelman" wrote: > I just fixed this on my '93 Rodeo a couple of months ago. > > Pull the steering wheel so as to get to the switch, which is > the plastic > piece you see just under the wheel. be careful in the > removal......that > little ball will come shooting out (I know this from > experience.....) so > place your hand over the assembly when you remove it. Be > mindful of where > all the little springs are. The part you want is just on the > back side with > 3 little screws. use some emery cloth and shine up the > contacts. This is all > it took and mine works great now. Several people on the > newsgroup have > apparently had this same problem before....... > > > > "get bent" wrote in message > news:s1TRc.61475$M95.43835@pd7tw1no... > > i agree, do you know what the procedure might be to get at > the switch > > relay.....do i have to take off the steering wheel as noted? > >

I came looking for the answer to this problem when I found your posts here. The Web is such a great tool, isn?t it! So I followed your advice and now my 91 Rodeo turn signal is FIXED! Halleluja!

So here are some photos I took to help the next person

removing the steering wheel, this was the most obvious springlike mrbetelman had mentioned. (But there are a couple of others.)
you can see the TS switch he was talking about and the littleplunger that fell out when I removed the TS stalk assembly. To get tothe switch, you have to remove the assembly to get behind the switch.
you remove the assembly, you can flip it over and expose the PCboard that the switch is on. Remove the PC Board to get to the switch.
you can get to the switch. I used Q-tips and Isopropylalcohol to clean things up first. Then 220 grit sandpaper between thecontacts to clean them up. I cleaned up the hazard flasher contactstoo while I was in there. (seen in the background)
reassembly, I began to freak out. The TS switch has a littleplunger, which I mentioned had fallen out. There was nothing to pressthe plunger against the switch, so I figured there had to be somethingand fortunately, I found the tiny spring lying on the floor mat! One hint which worked for me was to hold the assembly facing downward and let gravity hold the little plunger and spring in the receptacle while replacing the TS stalk assembly. Also keep an eye on another plunger and spring- the one that controls the high beams. While going together, you slip the spring and ball into place (detent in first photo).

Thanks for the helpful advice. It?s real nice having a turn signal again and not having to use hand signals!

Reply to
frasmus

I have the same problem in my 1994 Isuzu truck, could this be the same fix for the problem? If not, any suggestions?

Reply to
fabianm