Speedometer Broken

'94 Rodeo/Passport. Speedo quit working this morning. I'm going to start looking for a cable somewhere but any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

-Bill

Reply to
DollarBill

Auto or manual?

My experience with other vehicles has been the pick-off gear, on the end of the cable inside the tranny, comes loose.

I have no experience with my '94 Rodeo with manual tranny (speedo works fine) so I'm watching this thread just to stay informed. Let us know what you find out.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

Thanks. As an update, neither of the odometers is working either so I'm thinking it's the cable to the tranny. Any idea on how difficult or easy the fix is?

Reply to
DollarBill

It's auto on the 3.2L motor.

Reply to
DollarBill

As far as I know there is no speedo cable for 3.2L. It's sensors on the trans or axisls sending data to the cluster. Check them first. If the sending uints are OK, it may be the gauge. I have a spare one if you want.

Reply to
PC Player