Trooper Bighorn Automatic Problems

My 94 Bighorn 3.1 Auto has an interment gear select problem. Sometimes when I select reverse the reversing light does not come on. On other occasions the engine will not start in ?Park?, but will start when in ?Neutral?. I have been told that this may be something to do with a switch at the base of the select leaver. Any ideas please?

Reply to
538374