Trooper tires

Hi all I am hoping that someone can help me. | own a 93 trooper and want to give it a much needed makeover tire wise as it presently screams "soccer mom". Assuming I know nothing about wheels/tires how do I go about getting new low dollar wheels and the bigget most aggresive "off roady" tires I can use? p.s no pep/autozones around here. TIA

Reply to
BRET PARADISE

Check

for a good selection at good prices.

Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing

Thanks Brett however what is the max width I can use on my stock rims? present tire p/235-75r16

Reply to
BRET PARADISE

The stock size on 92 and newer Troopers is supposed to be P245-70R16 not

235-75. I do not know other sizes for sure, but the folks at TireRack should be able to help you out if you call them. The key things to watch is that the rolling circumference is close to the same as stock (so that the speedometer reads correctly and that you don't change the final drive gearing) and of course mechanical clearances (so that the tire doesn't contact bodywork, brakes, suspension, etc.).
Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing

You can go up to 285/75-16 or so without rubbing. If you're on factory 16" wheels, or, if you have 15" wheels, you can run something like a

31x10.50-15, and be good to go.

check out

for more info

Reply to