91 Cherokee, water leak inside, HELP

I have a 91 XJ. When it rains, water leaks onto the passenger front floorboard. I think its coming from the behind the dash. Before I tear into, any suggestions on where to look? TIA Matt

Reply to
MM

Maybe the windshield is not properly sealed. Also the grill around the wipers, behind the hood and in front of the windshield comes off and may shed some light on things. Also look for a drain filled with leaves or something causing it to run in the heater.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

antenna lead windshield heater blower

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
flannery

My 93 was doing the same thing. I found that the heater box was leaking around the foam seal between it and the firewall where the fan motor is. Water ran down the drip rail right on the motor. Pull the carpet bact and run water on the cowl watch for leaks. I was able to stop the leak with Duro sealant by removing the fan motor, loosening the heater box then sealing around the foam seal where the fan was.

John

Reply to
John