'04 Vanden Plas

Hello Fellow Jag Enthusiasts, After years of owning Jag Sedans in the late eighties and early nineties, I switched to the former style of the S-Class Mercedes. As ugly as it was (and it wasn't THAT bad), it served the purpose of being the car that I am driven to work in. When my lease was up on my second one and only the new S was available, I switched to the 750iL BMW. Plainly put it was the biggest lemon I ever bought, broke down 3 weeks after purchase and have had nothing but problems (including causing a 2 mile delay on the Long Island Expressway while being taken into Manhattan.) I have decided that when my lease is up I will be going back to Jag (we have owned 2 XK8's and have found them to be an outstanding convertible) or to Maserati. I am leaning towards the Jag but I have a few questions: 1.) I would purchase the Vanden Plas, am I correct that the '04 model has no extra but the '05 model will? If so, when will it be sold? 2.) I absolutely must have an in-car telephone to conduct business and to call my driver. In the brochure Jaguar sent me, I saw that there was some sort of control module in the rear center armrest. Does anybody know if this can control the phone, or what package I would purchase it under? 3.) How has this car been performing, I must admit that I am excited to the possibility of returning to Jaguar for my main car. Is it more reliable than the older sedans?

Thank you for all your help, S.A

Reply to
SAn

Hello Fellow Jag Enthusiasts, After years of owning Jag Sedans in the late eighties and early nineties, I switched to the former style of the S-Class Mercedes. As ugly as it was (and it wasn't THAT bad), it served the purpose of being the car that I am driven to work in. When my lease was up on my second one and only the new S was available, I switched to the 750iL BMW. Plainly put it was the biggest lemon I ever bought, broke down 3 weeks after purchase and have had nothing but problems (including causing a 2 mile delay on the Long Island Expressway while being taken into Manhattan.) I have decided that when my lease is up I will be going back to Jag (we have owned 2 XK8's and have found them to be an outstanding convertible) or to Maserati. I am leaning towards the Jag but I have a few questions: 1.) I would purchase the Vanden Plas, am I correct that the '04 model has no extra room but the '05 model will? If so, when will it be sold? 2.) I absolutely must have an in-car telephone to conduct business and to call my driver. In the brochure Jaguar sent me, I saw that there was some sort of control module in the rear center armrest. Does anybody know if this can control the phone, or what package I would purchase it under? 3.) How has this car been performing, I must admit that I am excited to the possibility of returning to Jaguar for my main car. Is it more reliable than the older sedans?

Thank you for all your help, S.A

Reply to
SAn

The new XJ has been outstanding in terms of both quality and performance, you won;t go wrong. (The 7 series is proving to be a complete dog...BMW has gone a Bridge to Far!)

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge