Seat belt recoil

Hello

I have a US version 1990 XJ-6 with an automatic, door-mounted shoulder harness and separate lap stap.

My (i.e. driver) recoil mechanism for the lap strap doesn't work.

I cannot buy a used one from a dealer due to Ontario provincial law and ordering a new one from the States is prohibitively expensive.

Does anyone has a serviceable recoil unit they'd like to sell?

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard Short

Richard Short wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com:

No Jaguar wrecker in Canada?

Reply to
Ron McGrice

Yes, but they're not allowed to sell used seat belt parts.

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard Short

Dear Mr. Short,

I would remove the lap belt and reveal the inner workings to find out "why" the lap belt is no langer working. Typically these have not failed but may have had debris or liquid/food get down inside of these. Simply cleaning the mechanisim with bring them back into working condition. I personally think that if you choose to re-lubricate the working items to do so very lightly; grease can act as a dirt "Magnet" and louse up in short time.

In the USA Jaguar has a lifetime replacement of the auto belt mechanism, however, I do not know if this applies to the belts or the rewind of the lap unit. You can always ask, its worth doing. And always call more than one dealership.

Beat Regards,

Blake Dodson

Reply to
DieInterim