1995 XJ6 FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL

I am in the market for both an owners manual and a factory service manual for a 1995 XJ6 4.0 as I beleive these manuals are usually the
best for a DIYer. I also need to know if there is a "check engine" code reader for this year and model, can the codes be read without the appropriate meter? Like we use to do by connecting one pin to another to get the codes read back? And as for the service manual does that come on a CD now? Any idea which is the right one to get? Thanks in advance. Kirt (On somewhat of a tight budget, if anyone wants to make a little cash making me a copy or allowing me to download it, it would be most appreciated. Thanks again 530-749-1110