Beetle Sunroof cover problem!

Hi all! and Happy New Year!

I have a little problem and I'd like to know if any of you have had this happen and if you fixed it yourself... please advise!!!

When I attempt to push back my sunroof cover it will only go back a few inches and stops. If I turn the knob to slide the entire sun roof open it goes on back... but then when I turn the knob to shut it the cover slides with it and closes almost all the way. It will not let me push it back.

Any input???

Thanks! Robin

Reply to
Terry Thompson

There is 4 guide clips on the sliding panel which can break. To replace them you must remove the glass panel first. With a manual it's a DIYer repair.

Reply to
Woodchuck