Bit of an oil leak

Hi All.

My 1988 XJS V12 has decided to shed all it's engine oil over the road via the oil cooler. (I noticed in time by seeing the black line out the rear view mirror, Yes, that bad!) Do I really need the oil cooler, If not, what's the easiest way to bypass it?

Thanks for any input

Ivar

Reply to
Ivar

Hello,

Is the cooloer itself leaking or is it a line feeding the cooler?

It is of my opinion that removing the cooler is not in your best interest as it keeps the oil and engine from getting too hot. If it is the cooler - there are several other aftermarket coolers available to slap in your cat.

In an emergency the easiest way to bypass it is to buy a hose and loop it from the feed line back into the return line.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

From what I've read the oil cooler is a must on the 12 cyl Jags. I agree with Blake on the bypass method and the fact that aftermarket coolers are just as well and much cheaper. Joe