Optional Extras

Hi All.

I have a 1988 XJS Coupe, On the Registration (UK) it says XJS V12 Sport. What does the "Sport" mean?

Below is a list of all the toys and goddies on the car, were any of the list optional extras, and were there optional extras that were available when the car was new that are not in the list.

Thanks for any answers

Ivar

Toys etc include: Air conditioning Radio cassette with Jag logo + rear speakers Front & rear fog lights Electric front windows & mirrors (Heated) Electric tilt slide sunroof Headlight washers Leather seats & what looks like leather door panels etc Wood Vanier ski slope & parts of Dashboard Steering wheel that matches rest of wood Vanier Auto gearstick handle that matches rest of wood vanier Lights in boot and back seat area Chrome door handles inside and out Trip/fuel computer in dashboard Stainless steel exhaust end pipes Lattice Alloys with wheel nut covers (you can't see wheel nuts) Cruise control Chrome radiator grill Big heavy lump of chrome on front of bonnet that also covers part of radiator grill Rear seat belts Vented front disc brakes with four pot calipers Electric heated seats with electric lumber support Chrome winscreen wiper arms Front under bumper valance (Rubber) Mirror and light in glovebox Heated rear window Electric ariel

Reply to
Ivar

Hi Ivar

I see one of your extras was a Jaguar labelled radio casette player. That sounds like mine in my 1988 XJ40. The battery to the car was disconnected and the radio has locked up. I've been trying to find the sequence of keystrokes to unlock it. I remember one of the codes (the AM one) and I *think* I remember my FM code. But I can't find anyone who knows the sequence of keystrokes. Can you oblige? I don't need your codes (except possibly the FM one). Just the sequence of buttons.

Alan

Ivar wrote:

Reply to
alannospam4d

Hi Alan

Sorry, I've had the car 4 years and the radio has never worked! It's not something I miss. Even if the radio worked I wouldn't use it (each to their own) So I can't give you any answer.

Reply to
Ivar