Blowing oil

Can any one tell me why my xj-6 4.2 is blowing oil out the dipstick ??

It is not blowing oil smoke out exst or breathing heavy out of rocker covers ..

Is this a thing with Jags engs ??? Could it be a silly little easy fix type of thing ??

Thanks All

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob & Marion

Oil is being thrown out the dipstick tube while you're accelerating and / or driving fast, not while its at idle. But your observation of the rocker covers is made at idle. The oil is spurting because there's pressure inside the crankcase.

There's plenty of vacuum in the intake to suck the vapor out of the valve covers. You ought to check the vent plumbing from the rocker covers to the intake manifold, particularly the PCV or check valve to ensure the hoses are open.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Rob, check to see if your crankcase ventilator (Vacuum connection on the front of the cylinder head) is not all gummed & clogged up. Take it off & clean it and make sure that the whole line is actually drawing vacuum from the manifold. I.e., follow it all the way and ensure that it is clear. They do get full of oil & gunk.

Fazal

Reply to
Comm Clinic

Hi Lee It runs like a dream ( no ruff bits at all ) Its all so not using oil Buggers me what it is ..

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob & Marion

Hi T.G Ok thanks I will check this ...

Reply to
Rob & Marion

"Rob & Marion" wrote in news:3ef96020$0$5429$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

Bad move, Bob.

The car will become instantly worthless. I recon motor can be had for 3 grand...

2nd hand $1500 in really good nic.

If you want a converted Jaguar sell this one and buy one from some poor sucker who has already spent a fortune doing so, and discovered the car now handles like a pig.

There are plenty out there for 4 grand and below. You may even get one for

2 grand, if they really want to get rid of it.

Cheers,

Ron

Reply to
Ron McGrice