Oil in the air filter (Passat)

I have a 1982 Passat 1600CL Estate.

I have just had a new head gasket and there seems little wear in the engine. No smoke from the exhaust. Still torky.

BUT

I am getting oil blown into the air filter from the air breather. I got the garage to clean out the chamber on the rocker cover. Could it still be blocked?

Will I need a new rocker cover ?

ALSO

Does anybody know where I can get seat covers that cover the back seats, which are about 30-70%

Cheers for any help.

Reply to
Spitfiremk9

Sounds like you do have some wear in the rings - suggest you get a compression test done.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Would this be an uneconomical repair considering the age of the car ? Regards,

Spitfire

Reply to
Spitfiremk9