E Types

Finally in a position to maybe own one of these to die for cars, but need to get my feet wet. What is the best all around book about Jaguars a) in general, esp history of 50s Jags leading up to the E type, and b) the E type itself. Doesn't have to be repair manual, exploded diagram type thing at this point, although I might as well hear about those too. Thanks v much.

Reply to
ejspark

Here is the home page of The International Jaguar XK Club...

Here is the home page of The Jag-lovers Web

..between them you can find people, manuals, cars-for-sale etc. Also E-bay motors, currently 20 for sale.

Billzz

One possibility that is well worth considering is the idea of hiring one for a day or two to get a feel for what they are like to live with and what a good one should feel like. We are based in England and I assume from your email you are based in the States, so we probably aren't that convenient for you, unless you have a UK trip planned. Otherwise, perhaps you can find an E Type hire provider closer to home.

Happy hunting. ___________________________________________________ Simon Denman Classic Motoring - Jaguar E-Type Convertible Classic Car Hire Web:

+44 1452 864050

Reply to
simon