fuel cap door

My 1988 xj6 has a problem with the fuel cap door. It will no longer open from the outside, I have to use the manual opener from inside the trunk. Is it an electric release?

Terryk

Reply to
Terry Kangas

Terry, Yes, it is an electrical release. The way it works it when the doors are locked, the petrol door is locked. It sounds like a problem with the solenoid or the relay. You need to pull it and check it.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve