Halfords

Let me tell you about a recent visit to Halfords in Chelteham - the people who think they are a car part retailer ..

Me: (Puts a wheel cyliner on the desk) Have you got one of these.

Clerk: (Looks puzzled) No we dont sell those

Me: Well I phoned up earlier and you told me that you had 2 of the 4 possible types in.

Clerk (Now looks really confused) Oh, I'll get someone.

(Gets someone else, also aged about 14 - Conversations take place)

2nd Clerk No we dont sell those

Me Well, you told me that you did. (Its obvious he hasn't got a clue what a wheel cylinder looks like)

(2nd clerk gets 3rd clerk)

3rd Clerk Can I help

Me Have you got one of those

3rd Clerk No problem (Accesses computer and offers me the 2 cylinders)

Halfords is a great place for selling alloy wheels and air-fresheners - But for gods sake if your going to try to be a parts seller then get real.

Reply to
Stuart Adair

In message , Stuart Adair writes

Snip