heater problems 1999 stype

Managed to fix the heater problem by fitting new heater control valve assembly £147 from dealer , Just took 1 hour and saved £140 quoted from dealer. Just drain water system and remove 6 hoses replace with new unit and heypresto heater works. Took the old Bosh one to bits and found rubber seal had welded to valve seat, badly corroded , The two valves are operated by solenoids so it may be of help if temperature was increased to full and then to minimum every so often to stop this happening and save the cost of new assembly

Reply to
work

Yes I think it is time to change my dealer who services the car, It has done

110000 miles and has just had an electronic fault diagnosed correctly after 5 years in and out of the dealership. it has been serviced as per book so the coolant should be in tip top condition. It has had a new radio, 3 batteries , new ECU unit , door electronic controls , and after all that they found it was a £85 ignition barrel switch that was faulty and flattening the battery. Jags and their dealers are expensive and crap will never hope to own a jag again ( this one is worth £5000 now from £33000 new ) must have had money to burn.

work wrote:

I would say this about a rotten seal...it's time to change your coolant!

Blake

Reply to
work