Removing the vertical metal support rod in an XJ6...

I asked earlier and got no replies, so I'd like to ask again--I want to change the oil in my 1997 XJ6 but have found the oil filter to be nothing but impossible to reach. Do I have to remove the black metal support rod that transverses directly in front of the oil filter or is there a trick to the oil change that I don't know about? ANY help would be much appreciated... Thanks very much William J

Reply to
William J.

Not sure what but I've always removed the air filter and reached the filter from there on the earlier models.

Reply to
Fred