I think the soft top XJS looks better

I think the hard top XJS don't look 'Jaguar like', but the soft top captures the mood of the jaguar

Reply to
sir.tony

Although the full convertible XJS is beautiful I can't help but admire the coupe. I loved it when it came out, it was so special. I have read many articles that state it was a replacement for the E Type but failed. Actually they are all talking rubbish it was a direct replacement as the series 3 V12

2+2 which was better selling than its convertible stablemate when the E-Type finished.

It is unbelievably low, very stylish, so whisper quiet until pushed and then like a big cat it ROARS. Check out the front 3/4 view, its a Jaguar alright and possibly best of breed. E-types are good/gorgeous/desirable etc. but the XJS is a far better car.

Nick

XJS Convertible, Rover P6 3500s, Rover P5B Coupe , 1 sugar in tea

Reply to
Nick

Without doubt the XJS (in all its forms) is very much a `coming classic`. Prices are rising (or certainly not falling) for good ones. Amazing really: ridiculed when introduced, but charismatic in its dotage. The Harvey-Bailey handling kit transforms the (earlier) convetibles (I have an `89 example) by reducing scuttle shake and the AJ6 Engineering upgrades are worthwhile (nice to hear a crisp exhaust note for instance, as on my Coupe). I have in stock a 7.3 Litre Manual Chasseur example - 500 bhp. Awesome. Great walls of torque & power. Fantastic! Peter

Reply to
<peterhugo

I would not give it best of breed honours, Nick. I can't look at one without seeing an Opal. I enjoyed the XJS-C so much I had to have one. Unfortunately the local squirrels like the taste of Lewis wiring far too much, so I had to give her a new home. Must've been the particular vintage, they don't seem to favour the wiring in my Bentley S2.

Han Shan

Reply to
Ice Cold