S type door problem

My rear drivers side door does not always open with either external and internal handles - any ideas

Reply to
DM

You need to specify if this is a 1960s S-Type or a modern S-Type. World of difference.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Modern S-type 2000 Vreg

Reply to
DM

I assume the childproof locking is turned off and that you have attempted lubrication , in which case it would seem to be a glitch in the central locking system or a mechanical fault in the door mechanism itself. Either way, you need to pop it along to a decent Jaguar mechanic who will sort it for you. For God's sake don't pay main dealer labour rates, though.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
DM

Yes, its obviously very broken. I suggest you buy a new car and give me the old one !!!

Reply to
Stuart Adair