The 2003 SL500 can not be imported from the US to Canada

The 2003 SL500 and all Mercedes from 2004 to

2006 can not be imported from the US to Canada It's not on the Canadian list of the cars that can be imported into Canada. The 2002 is on the list and the 2003 500SLR is also on the same list. Any body knows the reason why the 2003SL and all Mercedes from 2004 to 2006 are excluded? Tia John
Reply to
John

Ummm ... because Canadians are smarter than we thought they were?

Any body knows the reason why idiot John asks this question in a Jaguar newsgroup only?

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Since this is a Jag list -- I know very little about Mercedes.

The Mercedes SL500R for 2003 -2006 is listed as a car that IS admissible from the US to Canada. See

Unless there is a difference between the SL500 and the SL500R then you are mistaken. According to NADA, however -- there is no difference.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Mon Cher (sarcasm for idiot) C.R. Krieger

I could entertain a discussion with you by simply say that, if one is looking for criticism of a certain product, the best place to go is to the competition, and Jaguar has been Mercedes competition for many years. I am sure that Mercedes would not agree with this. Your reply ". because Canadians are smarter than we thought they were?" confirms just that.

Or, tell you that it was done on purpose so that self appointed Internet police like you, can exercise the little power they have.

But no, I just made a mistake. Once I realized my error, I placed the same message on the Mercedes Group. I did get useful information from both groups (yours not included) and I would like to thank the others for the help they gave me

Probably the main reason why I first selected the Jag group is because I had an E3 ( the most beautiful car ever made and disgrace for reliability) Lucas has done a lot of damage to Jag. I still have a XJS that, as my mechanic used to say, are very good the first 2 years. It has been on my driveway since the day it burned a head gasket.

John

Reply to
John

Response from the Federal Gvn.:

The listing of the cars as importable, is the manufactures responsibility. Consequently, if the car isn't listed, a letter from the manufacturer is required, stating that the car meets Canadian standards.

Also, importing a defective car, like with water damage (Katrina) may or may not be approved by the province. Suggested call the Government of that province for more information. There is probably al loophole in the law. Import it into one province and then transfer it to another. One has to pay taxes twice.

John

Reply to
John

No, you may not.

Definition of fumbler: Someone who makes mistakes because of incompetence.

I am not incompetent. I am old and when you are 77 years old like me you will understand.

The E3 is a Jaguar that was built until 1974 and sold new for less than 10k I purchased mine for 10K used it for about 15 years and sold it for more than 30K

May I call your attention that this is a Jaguar group. A car that today devaluates more rapidly then a virgin prostitute

Regards John

Reply to
John

I'm an AARP member myself and I already do understand. I was just givin' you a hard time. I've done way more incompetent things than that. =;^)

I'd already assumed that. I'm just a guy who can't let a cheap shot go by. Don't take it personally.

ROTFL! Now, THAT is funny!