UK Jaguar injectors cheap?

My father's Jaguar has an engine from a 1987 3.6L XJ6 that has three of the injectors a different type than the three others, so none of them work particularly well. So, he's looking for a cheap source of injectors. But, despite that new replacements are expensive, breakers' yards and suchlike that he's talked to so far don't seem to be willing to sell injectors. Does anyone know of a good source of used/salvaged injectors?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Carroll

Isn't there an old saying about Jaguars?

If you can afford to run an old one, you can afford to buy one new.

Reply to
Conor

Ouch! Don't say that... :-(

Alan

Reply to
alan4spamoffd

Hello,

Is the part number on your injectors 0280150151 or 0280150152? Are they barbed with a short hose to the fuel rail?

About $270 for all 6. That would be 149.933 GBP plus shipping.

Cheers, DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

That would be 357.352 AUD.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Do a Google search for "fuel injector service" to find a UK vendor.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Blake Dodson ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It'd also be about 2,500 Moroccan Dirhams. Which are about as relevant to the OP as Aussie Pesos are - since he's in the UK, judging by his email address and the fact he's posted to a uk group...

Reply to
Adrian

Then I have it covered then dont I?

BTW - to be precise that would be 2,414.42 MAD. Sheesh

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"Blake Dodson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Don't worry, Blake. Very soon the POMs will be using Euros :-) Pounds shillings and pence will be history, like most of the place.!

Ron

Reply to
rmcgrice

Hardly. The British economy has flourished outside the Euro zone, which is close to collapse, plus the European constitution has been rejected. Even the most prominent pro-Euro politicians in the UK are now admitting they were wrong. Europe - if it is to survive atall - will have to be restructured along UK lines, based on free trade and competiton..... which can only be good for companies like Jaguar.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

rmcgrice ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Gawd 'elp us...

Umm, shillings and "old" pence have been history since 1971.

Reply to
Adrian

David Betts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And who owns Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Bentley? MG, did that not go to China :-)

Reply to
rmcgrice

Adrian wrote in news:Xns96C250678F711adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170:

So has the UK :-) How much of the place is STILL owned by the British? Is it still "spot the white man" ? :-)

Ron

Reply to
rmcgrice

More to the point, how many of the world's major international car makers choose to build cars in Britain? Pretty much all of them I believe.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

And why is it a UK group just because its been cross posted to one. r

Reply to
Rob

Rob ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Adrian

Rob wrote in news:4314d6c4$0$15507$ snipped-for-privacy@un-2park-reader-02.sydney.pipenetworks.com .au:

Some one started the cross post and the others just replied without checking to see where it was going.

Reply to
rmcgrice

My colour is irrelevant, as is anybody else's. You really are a thoroughly nasty piece of work, aren't you?

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

David Betts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mr Betts, you have no idea who I am or what I'm about. As for a nasty piece of work, thank you for sending all your unionist mates down under. They have to be the lowest form of life on the earth. If they are any indication of the general British whinging population, may you rest in peace on your very small piece of land... along with your tiny mind.

Reply to
rmcgrice

Yes I do. You are a disgrace to your great country.