V-12

What was the first year the V-12 engine was availble?.......I'm thinking

71-72, a friend of mine says 68-69. Thanks.........Ron
Reply to
R P

Ron, According to

the first V-12 to beintroduced into a production car was the XKE in 1971. Prior to that, theengine of choice was primarily the 4.2 litre. The V-12, however was firstmanufactured in 1954. Here is an article about the V-12 as published by JagWorld
Webserve

Reply to
webserve
72 I had a E3 73

Reply to
Vlad

Its about time we got back to talking about V12's . GOD BLESS THE V12.

In 30 years time will someone be asking when Jaguar started fitting those little lawnmower engines they use these days - I think not !!!

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

I could comfortably go from 30 to 120 m/h in 3rd gear

Reply to
Vlad

pah! I should hope so, my Mk2 Grandad with slushbox does it from 20mph so I would expect better from the Cat

pottsy