Problem with windscreen wiper

My windscreen wiper works only at the fast speed. At normal or slow speed it won't move.

If I lower the speed it will stop half way in the windscreen, so I have to stop it at the right moment so that the blades are more or less back in starting position.

I had the problem a year ago, more or less at the same time of year. It ceased after 2/3 weeks and just reappeared this week.

Is it the drop in temperature or the humidity that could create a bad electrical contact ? I had a look at the haynes book but I cannot find anything usefull.

My car is a ford fiesta, the 1983-1995 model.

Antonin

Reply to
AntoninPavil

Fuse.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

I had this problem with my Astra - it was the contacts on the motor.

John

Reply to
John Horobin