XJ40 Electrics

Having problems with the electrics in that the windscreen wiper will return automatically - sometimes it won't, one of the rear windows will work, sometimes it won't. Any ideas re intermittent faults like this?

Reply to
Norman Duff

There is an online repair manuel on

Not the easiest of sites to navigate. Goto the home page from link above - scroll down to the bottom and click on OUR XJ40 Books which takes you to the XJ40 index page. Go to 13.2 on the index and hey presto you will find the answer - a faulty micro switch which is dead easy to clean. A good switch cleaning fluid on the micro contacts (I have even used a squirt of brake disk cleaner when I got stuck), You will have to join Jag-lovers.org to be able to log on and access the on-line manuel but it costs nothing, only takes a couple of minutes and they do not ask for your inside leg measurement.

A great source of info.

I suspect you also have dirty contacts on the window switch - try using the switch on the front door as well as that on the door with the effected window. If you have problems with both switches then obviously not the switch. When in doubt rTF manuel it will be in there somewhere.

Regards

Reply to
Andy Coles

Yes, what a difficult site. I was very disappointed with the XJ40 manual. Hundreds of topics but almost nothing concrete when you navigate down to them (at least to the topics I looked at). Someone did produce an online Xj40 hints and tips manual, which I once downloaded and bound but have now lost. Can anyone point me to this again?

have suggested a dedicated XJ40 newsgroup. Any takers? Perhaps the site menti> There is an online repair manuel on

alan4spamoffd

Alan, You must have missed the actual book. This is the manual with the parts numbers etc. It even goes into detail as to how to replace the gasket and shave the head.

Click on thenumbers -- not the words. They have a dedicated XJ40 forum with about 20,000 owners. The problem with a newsgroup is you get weird people that flame all the time and you can't have a decent discussion. The jag-lovers forum is monitored

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

This is indeed the place to go BUT you will need to register with jag-lovers.org first to be able to access the info. No big disclosure of confidential info, inside leg measurement and the like.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Coles