xj40 wiper motor

A few problems with the wiper motor, it doesn't always park correctly when switched off and the intermitant wipe stops whereever it likes from time to time. I have investigated several times but to no avail as it all seems to be in order any ideas what it may be

cheers Jon_H

Reply to
jon_h

Jon, Did you check the fuse behind the right side knee bolster?

Webserve

Reply to
Webserve

The fuse must be working or the wipers would not work at all as it happens intermitantly and not continuosly. or is this fuse specific to the park facility of the blade.

cheers Jon_H

Reply to
jon_h

Commond problem easy to solve!

Just open the wiper motor and change the micro switch inside. It's very cheap to change and you can do it yourself.

Go to

help. If the link dosn't work then go to
so on.

Pepe

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

Pepe

John, This is a fuse that is specific to the park function of the wiper. When I first got my '88, the wiper would park in what ever position it felt like. It was most annoying.

AS SOON as I replaced the fuse, the wiper immediately went into the proper park position and I have never had a problem with the park again. If you remove the knee bolster panel on the right side (USA cars), you will find a wire that has a single spade fuse in the middle of it. Check to see if the fuse is blown. If it is, replace it and your park problem should go away. If not, you need to adjust the micro switch.

Webserve

Reply to
Webserve