XJ6 Jag "Check Engine" Sensors!!

My '92 XJ6 very freqently pops on with the "Check Engine" light---which I know how to turn off for awhile, but sometimes it comes back on in a very short time. Apparently, I have one or more sensors that are too sensitive. The wiring diagrams are very complicated. Anyone know how many sensors are involved in that fault circuit, and a simple way to track down the faulty one.

My time tested way to turn off the light is to turn on the ignition, remove the Instrument pack fuse for a few minutes--reinstall it and turn off the ignition.

Works most of the time.

Appreciate comments!!!!

Reply to
MtSano

Its been a couppla years, but I had the same problem. It was a bad connection on a sensor. Took 2 seconds to fix with WD 40, but I really dont remember how I did the diagnosis. I have it in a Haynes manual somewhere, but I cant get to the book in some days.

Visit

and You´ll find the right method to track down the bad connection. If U dont, let me know, and I´ll check my Haynes for You.

/Peter, Sweden

"MtSano" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com...

Reply to
Peter

Every car (except the XJ40) I have owned since those "check engine" sensors has had problems with false readings.

Every time I got that reading, I checked the engine and it was still there. Richard H. Kuschel "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Reply to
Richard Kuschel