00 4L Oil pressure

I have an intermittent problem with the oil pressure gauge.

75% of the time ,when I start the car it works well and will stay that way for the trip. While it is working well I move wires to see if I can make it change readings, it does not. Other times I start the car and it pegs at 80psi. It will remain there for the entire drive. I have replaced the sender and have tried to duplicate the high reading with the 3 pin connector disconnected to see if there is a short. No luck. Is there a relay in the PCM that could cause this? Sometimes it seems that if I turn the key once or twice to the accs.position before I start the car I can get It to work properly. Thank for the help 2000 Cherokee Sport, 65K 4L
Reply to
DANFXR