07 Wrangler No More I-6

I'll bet it's a reworked 3.7 liter from the Liberty. Darn good engine! Got one in my '02.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

:(

I personally believe the I-6 was one of the most robust and versatile engines to ever be seen. Ever.

Will be sad to see it go.

J.

Reply to
Jason Backshall

Had an opprtunity to drive a Liberty last Easter with a V6, it was actually not bad...had more low-end grunt than I expected.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

it's a revamped Caravan motor

4X4PLAY

In article , Jason Backshall wrote: #:( # #I personally believe the I-6 was one of the most robust and versatile #engines to ever be seen. Ever. # #Will be sad to see it go.

Did you ever see one of those late night info-mercials where they are hawking some engine oil additive? The ones where they add it to a engine and then dump sand and all sorts of stuff on to the valves? It's always a I-6 that they use...

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Herb Leong proclaimed:

Heh, I can recall once being given a bit of engine folklore claiming that for an ancestor of the I-6, one should never change the oil. Of course this advice was diluted a bit by being passed as we were rebuilding the advisor's 6.

Reply to
Lon

The '07 TJ certainly isn't the first SWB Jeep to have a V6.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, there is a company that sells a bolt-on flywheel weight for the four cylinder Wrangler. They claim it makes it crawl better. Based on the behavior of my wife's FJ40, this claim makes some sense.

Do you mean that if we shaved the FJ40's flywheel, we could save gas? ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to