'07 Wrangler unveiling?

Anyone know when/where the '07 Wrangler will be unveiled and when it scheduled to hit the market? I've seen plenty of spy shots on jeepnewsnow.com but there is no mention of the availability of these new Wranglers for next year.

Reply to
HG97TJ

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Still a classic

Reply to
Coasty

This will be a running joke until they discontinue the Wrangler name.

Brian

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I hear that it will likely be at the 2006 Detroit show.

Reply to
KByington

Jerry, you know Bill's been renaming that file every year since '01....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I plan to attend, will snap some photos for y'all.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

When is the show? :)

Looking forward to seeing it.. have to admit though I'm too fond of the TJ in it's current form. Too much change is a bad thing

Jason Backshall

Bill,

Here's an updated photo of the '07 Wrangler (or some of it at least) for your archives. This came from

Photo:

Story:

HG97TJ

It sure looks like a Cherokee

billy ray

Looks like solid front axle at least, if TJ-style control arm visible is any indication

Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

That is 2 door Sport model

Reply to
billy ray

Looks strangely like and old Samurai too.

Spdloader

Spdloader

Someone will probably say it was what the liberty should have been but the two are aimed at different markets....

Reply to
billy ray

so does that mean I bought the wrong damn vehicle AGAIN?

I swear to God, I will swap this one in.

KJK

: > But but but.. I LIKE the way that one looks... mostly. : >

: >

: : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It would be an interesting choice. I would have to drive one, of course, to see if the suspension is compatible with my back.

The Liberty is aimed at a more upscale market and this new Cherokee would be directed back more towards utility/off-road crowd in my opinion.

I would imagine there would be more suspension, etc. upgrades as much of the underpinnings appear to be directly from the TJ.

While the extra length and weight would be detriments to hard core Jeepers it would be desirable to those who need seating for 4, extra enclosed cargo room, and in my case, a softer ride.

Reply to
billy ray

Nooo, who decided to place the silencer box /muffler box longitudinally ????

Dave Milne