1984 CJ wire harness install

I am helping my friend install a complete wire harness on his CJ7. The engine is a straight 6 258. Is there anything I need to be aware of or are there any sources out there to help us tackle this task?

Thanks

Reply to
Ben

The wiring diagram in the Haynes Manual is right on for the 84 CJ. It could be worth having for reference and is in the twenty dollar range. It helped me rewire mine and others.

I used dielectric grease in all the plugs and sockets on mine when I did it to help prevent future rot.

Over half the engine bay wiring is dedicated to the computer and emissions sensors.

Mike

Ben wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

What brand harness is this?

Reply to
Jerry McG

He doesn't know what brand it is...he just said it is the entire wire harness. Would it matter what the brand is?

Reply to
Ben