1995 Jeep Cherokee Starting Problem

Greetings,

I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee with 142,000 miles. In the summer when I run the air conditioning and go to re-start the vehicle(after turning it off for a short time) I have a difficult time starting it. However, in the Fall/Winter when I run the "heat" I have no problem restarting the vehicle(after turning it off for a short time).

Any idea why it would function differently under separate conditions?

Thanks!!!

Reply to
RES

Does it grind, then finally catch? Or will it not grind?

It would tend to do that, more than function differently under the same conditions. See, easy! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

It is MPI, right? Attach a fuel pressure gauge and see what that reads when in failure mode... we need to isolate whether it's fuel or spark related. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell