problem 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited

Recently i purchased a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I need help with two problems.There is a lever to open the fuel tank door,when you pull the lever you can see the cable go in and the fuel door wont stay shut its like theres something missing on the fuel door please help me with this also my gauge says rear tail lights all lights work in the back but the light stays on it usually come on as soon as you turn the parking lights on could this be a ground. Thanks for everyone who appys

Reply to
blazerchic

Hi there About that fuel door... Can you post photos of it. nice clear ones and good and close to it.

With your lights.Even though you are turning all the lights on, are you checking the blinkers too? You probabaly know that the rear bulbs sometimes have two filaments in them, and if the one for the blinker is burned out you will not see it but your system might. Have you checked your third brake light?

Try turning on the emergency flashers and see if they all work properly.

If they do, the next step may be to start at the back and even though it takes a lot of time and trouble, clean the contacts. Get a pencil with a good eraser on it and rub the contacts with the eraser and use some steel wool (plain- nothing on it) to clean the tips of the bulbs where they connect. There may be some crud in them from who knows what causing a loss of connection.

HOpe that some of this is helpful. Please be sure to post what you find and when you get it fixed how you did it :)

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

blazerchic did pass the time by typing:

The plastic catch breaks.

Your talking about the "rear lamp failure" message? If so, that can be caused by a corroded socket or bad bulb connection. It can also be caused by a corroded connector in the harness. I'd start by removing and checking each of the bulbs. A bad bulb is shown here.

The corroded harness on my 93 was located here.

DougW

Reply to
philthy