1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

I HAVE A 1995 JEEP GARND CHEROKEE 4X4. WHILE BACKING OUT OF THE DRIVE WAY IT JUST DIED. IT WON'T CRANK OVER. BUT IT TRIES. WAS RUNING GOOD ALL DAY. IT SHOWED THE CODE OF #15. HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. CAN ANYONE HELP. IT'S SATURDAY AND NO ONE TO CALL.

Reply to
sleepymom_2003

sleepymom_2003 did pass the time by typing:

...allcaps is the Usnet equivalent of yelling...

15) No vehicle speed sensor signal detected during road load conditions.

That in itself will not stop the engine from running.

By "Won't crank over" Do you mean the engine will not turn over as in the starter will not turn the engine? If so then it's probably your battery or battery cable.

If it "won't start" but does "crank" then it could be quite a few things from coil/wires/plugs, fuel pressure, bad relay, or most likely the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

To go any further, what engine (I6, V8) do you have?

On the I6 there is a connector just by the oil dipstick that goes around back of the engine. That's the CPS sensor connector. Disconnect it, reconnect it, and try again.

Reply to
DougW

Damn, sounds like a Microsoft interface...

Reply to
Grumman-581
1995 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 when cold run very rough for about 10 to 15 minutes after that runs very good replace cooling sensor, map sensor, cranshaft sensor, idle air control motor and I carry it to two dealer ship and no hel

-- razincain

View this thread:

Send from

razincain