1999 WJ or 1997 ZJ ? Which to buy

Need some advice.

My gf will be buying a Grand Cherokee this week, and has it narrowed down to 2 of them.

The choices:

1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 77,000 miles. 6cyl, Select-Trac, Silver/gray color. Does has scratch on plastic on door. This is the new body style. It's cloth interior. Dealer wants $11,795 for it, even though he had a sign on it for $10,695 for a week. There was even a verbal agreement between my gf's boss (a lawyer) to buy it at the $10,695 price, but the guy still jacked the price up, and won't budge. Plus he won't have the title for another 2 weeks, but is going to sell it anyway. We are in upstate NY, is this even legal? You kinda hate to but from someone that is a little shady like this, but my father bought my sister's Jeep from him and has good luck and service with him. But it's about getting the best Jeep here, that's all that matters. It's a clean Jeep.

the other:

1997 Grand Cherokee TSi. 75,000 miles, V8 Quadra-trac. Personal seller wants $10,000 for it. It needs tires though. It's in excellant shape, very plush leather interior with all the fixings, moonroof, heated seats. Silver/Gray color. It's the old Body style. Drives like a dream, lots of power.

She is only going to use the Jeep for hauling the children to school and bringing the (big) dog to the park. So what do you think. We're not big fans of leather, but it's very comfortable.

So what is your vote, we're at a toss up. They are both great Jeeps, we're just not sure which to get.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark12211