2.5 skyjacker lift kit questions

i got my skyjacker lift kit today, i did not get, pittman arm, track bar relocate bracket trans, drop kit

do i need these things for the 2.5 lift on a 90 YJ thanks,

tearing my jeep apart tommorrow,

john p

Reply to
scopenutt

You'll need the track bar relocate kit for the front. Not neccessary for the rear, unless you keep the rear track bar. No for the pitman arm. Maybe for the T-case drop kit.

Now let me qualify -- It is recommended that you keep both front and rear track bars in place. However, with the 2.5 lift you will need the relocate brackets. On my 91YJ I've completely removed the rear track bar without concern. I installed a dropped pitman arm on my Wrangler as a matter of preference, but it was not neccessary. It will be required if you ever want to go higher in order to maintain steering linkage geometry. As far as the drop kit goes, no two Wranglers seem to be the same in this respect. On mine, the drop kit was required due to excessive driveline vibration. On the other hand, I've known other YJ owners who didn't get any vibration so did not install the drop kit. You will have to try it and see. I'm puzzled as to why you don't have drop kit and relocate brackets. I purchased two kits from Skyjacker and always got those pieces except for the pitman arm.

Scott

Reply to
reconair