2004 TJ Manual Transmission

Hi, Do the 2004 TJ's manual transmissions have the same marble rattling noise that the 2000 TJ's had/have when in neutral? Or is this the same 5 speed manual transmission with the same noise. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
John Q Public

Same.

:)

Reply to
Billy Tolcher
2004's aren't out yet. They should be arriving at dealer's lots sometime around the middle or end of August.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

My 2003 does it under heavy load at low rpms in just about any gear. It also makes weird noises standing still in neutral with the clutch OUT. Just another example of Chrysler's crappy engineering - but I still like my Wrangler.

Reply to
j carter

...and if my '03 is any indication, yes Daimler intends to have this "feature" in the 2004 TJ's as well.

Oh, and if you think it makes funny noises when idling with the clutch out, try shutting off the engine with it in neutral and with the clutch out. And for extra fun, try this in a garage with the top off for maximum effect...

:)

Reply to
John Sevey

Reply to
FrankW

I kinda figured that. I guess that I haven't passed a big rig on the highway yet that hasn't whined.

:)

Don't you mean:

I haven't snapped an axle on my '98 XJ yet, but it only has 88000 miles on it. It did eat a set of bearings on it to the tune of $900 though. Does that count?

-John

Reply to
John Sevey

Oh, you get that too?? I thought it was just me. Is there a fix for that or is it normal on the 2k?

Reply to
ScriptLizard