2007 Unlimited Spotted

Checked out the 4-dr this past Saturday. UGH!!! What's with the plastic door handles and covers on the tailgate hinges? Cheesy! Power windows! Bejus, I need a drink! Maybe I'll look into putting an automatic in my '02 for less than the cost of the '07. Perhaps change brands. I now regret selling my '91YJ. Double dry martini!!!

Reply to
Eugene D'Jeep

Covers on the tailgate hinges started with '02, I think.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Maybe not a bad thing. Mine started rusting badly after I moved to snow country where the roads are salted heavily. The rest of the body appears rust free.

mc

98 TJ
Reply to
michaelcjeep

the black covers on the tailgate hinges actually started in 05

Reply to
Jeeper

I was parked on a slight angle (leaning towards passenger side) with my

05 Jeep Rubic> the black covers on the tailgate hinges actually started in 05 >
Reply to
FrankW

Really? My '04 Unlimited has them...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

'08 Liberty? Do you have a link to a photo?

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Here you go!

Jeff DeWitt

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Around here in desert rock crawling country, that's a showstopper on some trails, and a body damage risk on many trails.

Reply to
Mark

Around here in desert rock crawling country, that's a showstopper on some trails, and a body damage risk on many trails.

Reply to
Mark

Around here in desert rock crawling country, that's a showstopper on some trails, and a body damage risk on many trails.

Reply to
Mark

I like the looks of the '08 much better than the current Liberty.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I no longer live in rock crawling country. But from what I've seen on all the 4x4 shows that little lightweight custom buggy with the VW engine seems to take most of the competitions hands down. He crawls over narly stuff with ease while the big, heavy, over-built rigs struggle. All at less than 2,000 lbs I think.

Personally rock crawling doesn't interest me. Trail running is more my speed. Certainly the H3 would be more susceptible to Arizona pin striping with it's extra width. But otherwise it would do just fine on all but one trail I ran regularly.

I never claimed to be hardcore Jeeper. The TJ is an excellent vehicle for getting out to remote areas which was my primary purpose for buying it.

mc

Reply to
michaelcjeep

I do too, now if they would offer a 2 door and the 4.0 I6 they might have something.

Jeff DeWitt

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
philthy

JK = Just Kidding!!!!

This is too easy. JK = JoKe :-)

Reply to
TW

Last time I was there was when I picked up that power window switch for my old XJ which turned out wasn't the problem, according to your advice...what was that, three or four years ago, XJ since sold. I don't really go up to White Lake for any reason.

I've had good relations with the service depts at Brighton Chrysler and Livonia Chrysler Jeep, which is where wifey's TJL is going Tuesday for a bad climate control fan switch...still under warranty, but we'll see what they say when they see the lift. Just down the street from my store so it's convenient.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Brett Ryan

Well I have to admit I'm looking at the '07 right now, with reservations though.

My wife has informed me that the '94 YJ is not appropriate for driving the kids to school and back. We trade off taking the kids to school. She doesn't like to drive it, it is 4cyl manual everything, Steering included. She has a '99 GC with all the options+.

I thought about getting an early 90's Cherokee. But I don't want to pay insurance on three vehicles and hate to give up the open air of the YJ. My wife is "ok" with driving a wrangler as long as it is automatic. If I'm going to replace the YJ, then I think I'll go to the Rubicon because of the

44's and electronic locking diffs.

So I went to the lot to look at some Rubicons and came face to face with a JK, thought it was a H3, after all it was dark. After looking at some pre '07s, I peeked at the JK and picked up a sales brochure. Went home and started reading about the JK, it warrants a second look. Picked up the JPMagazine and read the article problem solved

I am questioning the ability to put a winch on the front given the "energy-absorbing front rail extensions. I guess if the tow hooks are real then the a mounted winch shouldn't be a problem. It has an optional half door, wish it came with the old handle. Wonder how long the electronically activated sway bar disconnect will work. They actually included some lockable storage. Now if my wife could wait a year for the bugs to be worked out.

I know, some will say trade in the wife.

mjo

p.s. the spell checker suggests replacing JK with JOKE, no kidding!

Reply to
Marvin Oliver

A wise man once said that the most expensive hobby is collecting ex-wives...

Reply to
Grumman-581