Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

It's official: Jeeps are fuel efficient.
Discovered several interesting things today: 1. Jeep Wranglers can be very fuel efficient. Drove 66.3 miles then filled up: used only 2.3 gallons! My calculations indicate 28.8 mpg. How the hell did I...
14
14

Problems with water!
My jeep runs well unless it gets wet. If enough water gets splashed up under the hood it quits and wont start for a couple hours. Also it won't start in humidity or heavy rain! otherwise everything...
20
20

'03 Rubicon OEM Rocker Guards
Will OEM Rocker Guards from a 2003 Rubicon fit on my '97 Wrangler Sport? ...and IF so, how do they mount? -Pete
1
1

HELP 98 GRAND CHEROKEE ROUGH RUNNING
98 zj, 6 cyl. Runs rough after starting, when engine warm runs smooth. No check engine light. Have done maintenance in following order 1. New plugs, new wires,new rotor,new cap 1a. Took off fuel rail;...
13
13

Stock Rubicons are better than Stock H2's in the mud
I saw a post asking which was better & have watched a guy get his H2 stuck in mud that I can drive my TJ through, which is close to the Rubi with my upgrades. The H2 got pulled out by a 4 wheeler
7
7

CJ-7 stereo / radio
Any of you CJ / audio experts have advice on installing a standard (radio, CD) deck into that "way_to_small" access port in the CJ dashes ??? ..... my 1985 vintage radio / cassette deck finally packed...
16
16

Battery Connected Backwards
Hi All, I installed a new battery in my '88 Wrangler but connected the wires backwards. Needless to say there were sparks, hissing and smoke coming from either the bottom of the battery or below the...
31
31

93 ZJ "clunk" in front axle
Hello all, when I drive through a rut or a pot hole with the front passenger wheel I hear sort of a "clunk". Yesterday I pushed (with my foot) the top of the wheel inside and heard a pop (just bearly...
26
26

Wheel Bearing Question
I have a '96 GC Laredo 4wd with a 4.0 that has 164k on it. My question is, are there any good websites showing how to replace the front wheel bearings?
9
9

'93 ZJ oil filter adapter
Does anyone know what size and type wrench I need to remove the oil filter adapter from my '93 ZJ with a 4.0. When I say oil filter adapter I am referring to the aluminum part that attaches to the...
1
1

new enigne for 07 wranger
they got ride of the 4.0 and are using a 3.8l v6 from mini van... what dose everyone think about this new engine?
5
5

These "Ebay Parts": Whaddaya Think?
Some have brand names, but I can't help but think and wonder "what's up" when I see brand new Cat Converters for my Grand Loredo on Ebay for $75. I think a saw a whole muffler assembly...
7
7

87 wrangler starting problem - HELP!
can one of you Jeep gurus help me out? i have been given a 1987 Jeep Wrangler (4.2L 6cyl) and have been having trouble getting it to start reliably. when the vehicle is completely cold it starts right...
20
20

Body bolts
I about to lift the body off the frame of my 93 wrangler. But three bolts will not move. Two are just plain tight the other is spinning. I can not get to the nuts/plates to stop them from spinning....
9
9

Hesitation Question (somewhat OT)
Ok, this is a hair OT because it's about a ford, but... I've got a Ford Econoline van (F-150) that is having a hesitation problem. Details... It seems to mainly happens starting when you reach 35mph....
2
2