'93 ZJ oil filter adapter

Does anyone know what size and type wrench I need to remove the oil filter adapter from my '93 ZJ with a 4.0. When I say oil filter adapter I am referring to the aluminum part that attaches to the block and performs a 90 degree turn and the filter attaches to it. I have read a few articles that refer to it as that and suggest that it takes a T-60 to remove it, but when I tried, it didn't fit.

I'm getting an oil leak from where the adapter meets the block. Also could you tell me what size of o-ring it needs. Again, I am assuming that it needs an o-ring. In fact any information that you could tell me about this would help. There is not a lot out there about leaking from this spot.

Gene Saldivar '93 ZJ 4.0 '90 YJ 4.2

Reply to
Gene Saldivar

I have heard T-60, T-55, Allen head, and plain hex head bolts being used. You will probably have to find a way to get a mirror down there or work by feel.

You can get the gasket at NAPA for around a dollar.

Reply to
billy ray