Body bolts

I about to lift the body off the frame of my 93 wrangler. But three bolts will not move. Two are just plain tight the other is spinning. I can not get to the nuts/plates to stop them from spinning. Any suggestions or help?

Thanks, Dennis

Reply to
Lovs2fly

I wish you luck.....

Not one came out of my old CJ7's body... Got lucky and snapped a few, but the rest spun and I had to grind the heads off the bolts. Tried a sawsall through the mount, but the rubber ruined the blades too fast.

I am just thankful I got to toss the old body in the trash....

Mike

Mike Romain

Yep good luck! After having several jeeps and doing restorations and repairs I took every body bolt out of my 04TJ put anti-seize on the threads and put them all back and I mean every body bolt. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Real Jeepers, simply hold the new nut to the inside of the channel frame like the big boys still use:

God Bless America DOH! My God. I'm starting to sound like Bill - I've been reading this newsgroup too long

Reply to
matthewf_boi

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Whereabouts would you be hanging your ass off that overpriced chunk of plastic? Behind the catwalk? Hell, if you're deadheading, you could always grandstand a bit by planting your south-end right on the

5th-wheel! Drop your load off AND equally distribute grease, all in one sitting. You'll get an 'attaboy' from the dispatcher for such efficiency!

And if I'm around, I'll take a picture and sell copies...and make us both rich!

(LOL)

Reply to
JD Adams

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

MUHAHAHAHA!!! A bumper-dumper! I love it! Beats balacing on a frame rail in rush-hour traffic praying that Smokey doesn't spot you before you get the paperwork finished.

Thanks for the laugh; I needed it.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams