4.0 manifold crack !

I was trying to save myself from snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, but wouldn't let me go...

| 80k on my 98 TJ, I replaced the first exhaust manifold at 36K | with a borla. Well i was doing the oil today and i noticed the | borla is cracked. same fing spot as the factory, so much for a | million mile warranty. I am going to call Boral on Monday and | see how there warranty service works. Hey I all ready got the | tools from the First time I did it. | | Something not right 3 headers in less than 100k wtf is wrong | with these headers

Let us know how that Borla thing works out...I have Banks headers, no probs yet....

Reply to
Joseph P

snip

I have 3 options; send it back and wait for replacement. buy one off borla them send old back and wait for refund or try and go through where i bought it. Kids behind the counter did not seem to help full when i asked about borlas warranty.

I would be interested to know just how long others are getting on there 98 4.0 after market headers.

and just how much would it cost to swap over to the newer split design?

Reply to
greg_k

I've been running a Thorley header since September of last year. Good so far (fingers crossed). Probably have 10,800 miles on it so far.

Dave

David C. Moller