4' raised ...does this require 33 tyres and gearing change as a minimum ?

The 4? kit needs 33? tyres fitted which then requires the axle ratios changed To 4.11

Reply to
Mick Miller

The 4? kit needs 33? tyres fitted which then requires the axle ratios changed To 4.11

Reply to
Mick Miller

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

LOL! Find a company that has a clue to buy from, that one obviously don't.

You can stay with any tire size you wish. 31's won't look bad. 33's 'can' fit with that lift, but you don't 'need' them.

I have about 3.5" of lift and 33's. I am running 3.31 gears. My Jeep goes like a scalded cat. I 'can' still use 5th gear or overdrive, but don't bother because I get really good gas mileage running in 4th at 65 mph turning 2300 rpm. This gives me a nice 23 US mpg. If I use 5th, it lugs and drinks gas.

Off road I use low range, normally 3rd for the most part. I very seldom ever put it in 1st low or need to crawl that slow because I drive trails, not boulder climb like the desert rats that need the super low

1st gear.

My $0.02 for you,

Mike

Mick Miller wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Heh, heh, a 4 FOOT lift will likely need some bigger tires to look right. :)

A 4 >

Reply to
RoyJ

ratios

Reply to
LowBFlat

Of course, those tires are just so he can fit in the trailer. He puts on the monster ones whe he takes it out.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III