89 Wagoneer light switch

A friend owns an 89 Wagoneer with a bad headlight switch (rocker type). Do we need to take apart the entire dash to replace it? If we do, can someone give us a few hints as to how to accomplish this? We can't seem to locate any screws holding the dash in. I know the Haynes manual doesn't touch this, does the Chilton? Thanks for any help.

Bret

Reply to
Bret Gustafson

If it is an XJ then it probably has a few screws and a few clips holding the front panel on. Just locate the screws and then it should pull out of the clips.

Someone else probably can tell you exactly where these screws are. Like here!

later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1